Thank you Col for your kind remarks.
I have to say that I am delighted to be given this opportunity to serve local people in a new way.
Living in Shropshire is a real privilege and something that we sometimes only appreciate either when we leave the County, or when we see Shropshire through the eyes of others.
When I was driving Nick Clegg back to his constituency after his recent visit, he kept exclaiming (into his mobile phone) “Quite stunning – the Shropshire scenery is quite stunning!”
But there are, as we all know special issues and problems associated with living here, and living in the times we do. More of that later.
For now, just “Thank you”.
- What a strange idea some people have of democracy. In a partial vote of an incomplete electorate funded illegally a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @RussInCheshire: Homosexuality is forbidden by the bible. So are poly/cotton socks. Leviticus 19:19: "You shall not... wear a garment… 5 hours ago
- RT @carolecadwalla: Hurrah! The US media has now shown up to cover the unfolding Brexit-Russia scandal & its uncanny similarities to the Tr… 5 hours ago
- RT @DavidGWrigley: Another botched @Conservatives privatisation. They were warned not to do it but they couldn’t stop themselves they are… 5 hours ago
- RT @BBCNewsnight: “Threatening to blow your foot off might well be a negotiating strategy, but it is not one that fills industry with a gre… 1 day ago