Thank you Col for your kind remarks.
I have to say that I am delighted to be given this opportunity to serve local people in a new way.
Living in Shropshire is a real privilege and something that we sometimes only appreciate either when we leave the County, or when we see Shropshire through the eyes of others.
When I was driving Nick Clegg back to his constituency after his recent visit, he kept exclaiming (into his mobile phone) “Quite stunning – the Shropshire scenery is quite stunning!”
But there are, as we all know special issues and problems associated with living here, and living in the times we do. More of that later.
For now, just “Thank you”.
- No hope of joined up thinking or long term planning from this lot. twitter.com/johnprescott/s… 6 hours ago
- Did she? I didn't think she had a clue. (Syntax!) twitter.com/Johnrashton47/… 6 hours ago
- Britain just got its first concrete sign that Brexit will destroy the economy independent.co.uk/news/uk/britai… 15 hours ago
- RT @FrancesOGrady: Instead of a Brexit for everyone, leaving single market could mean a deal for tax dodgers, hedge funds & vulture compani… 1 day ago
- RT @FrancesOGrady: If we leave the single market, working people will end up paying the price. It'd be bad for jobs, for work rights & for… 1 day ago