Thank you Col for your kind remarks.
I have to say that I am delighted to be given this opportunity to serve local people in a new way.
Living in Shropshire is a real privilege and something that we sometimes only appreciate either when we leave the County, or when we see Shropshire through the eyes of others.
When I was driving Nick Clegg back to his constituency after his recent visit, he kept exclaiming (into his mobile phone) “Quite stunning – the Shropshire scenery is quite stunning!”
But there are, as we all know special issues and problems associated with living here, and living in the times we do. More of that later.
For now, just “Thank you”.
- RT @cpeedell: The idea that private providers are more efficient at delivering public services than the public sector has been well and tru… 19 hours ago
- Interesting thread from 2014. And now it's all coming to pass as the NHS unravels. twitter.com/West_GP/status… 2 days ago
- May’s Brexit pledges have turned to ashes. Was she deluded or dishonest? | Hugo Dixon theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 2 days ago
- Some of us have been saying this for years and ignored by politicians for reasons of their own: Taxpayers to foot £… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Dyson hand-dryer spreads more germs than paper towels, study finds | News | The Times thetimes.co.uk/article/dyson-… 2 days ago