I was introduced to the great war poets including Wilfred Owen by an enlightened English teacher when I was at the Priory School. In those days the Boys Priory was in the buildings by the river that we now know as Shrewsbury Sixth Form College. I have been moved by Wilfred Owen's poetry ever since. Clearly on Sunday, I was not the only one to be moved.
- RT @B_Ehrenreich: Instead of tax reform, why not just require every poor and middle class person to send a check for, say, $1000 to their f… 6 hours ago
- RT @adamfleming: Have a listen to this top Byrne/Fleming co-production twitter.com/byrnemaria/sta… 6 hours ago
- RT @adamfleming: Estonian Deputy EU Minister @MattiMaasikas says today's vote on relocating EU agencies from London is "sad" reminder of re… 6 hours ago
- RT @Trickyjabs: BBC were advised not to run "120k austerity deaths" article by the Science Media Centre. SMC's CEO is Fiona Fox. Who, incid… 6 hours ago
- Let's play: but not I, note, in English. https://t.co/Cc051r2V8j 6 hours ago