I was introduced to the great war poets including Wilfred Owen by an enlightened English teacher when I was at the Priory School. In those days the Boys Priory was in the buildings by the river that we now know as Shrewsbury Sixth Form College. I have been moved by Wilfred Owen's poetry ever since. Clearly on Sunday, I was not the only one to be moved.
- RT @VeraMBergen: This week's magazine covers are brutal/surreal. https://t.co/ZZrl84MFtG 5 hours ago
- The president of the United States is now a neo-Nazi sympathiser | Richard Wolffe theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 2 days ago
- RT @damocrat: £46m Garden Bridge £143m General Election £1bn DUP Bung £44k Hunt's Bathroom Tories really know how to waste money. https://… 3 days ago
- RT @DavidGWrigley: And today UK rail passengers see another 3% increase to rail fares. The private sector make more profit & passenger has… 3 days ago
- Oh dear @Harryslaststand is sounding like me at charleswest.org I hope we're both wrong. twitter.com/derekjGZ/statu… 3 days ago