Ludlow LibDems gain Clee Division from Tories in heart of rural Shropshire with huge swing.
Richard Huffer: Liberal Democrat 60.3%,
‘Richard missed the seat by 20 votes in the first unitary Shropshire Council elections last year, so this is a huge vote of confidence in him and a big boost for the LibDems in Shropshire’, said Parliamentary Candidate Heather Kidd, who was agent in the byelection. ‘We fought a full campaign and featured both local issues and our record in the coalition government, where we made clear the progressive impact LibDem ministers have made in recent weeks.’
- RT @cpeedell: The idea that private providers are more efficient at delivering public services than the public sector has been well and tru… 19 hours ago
- Interesting thread from 2014. And now it's all coming to pass as the NHS unravels. twitter.com/West_GP/status… 2 days ago
- May’s Brexit pledges have turned to ashes. Was she deluded or dishonest? | Hugo Dixon theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 2 days ago
- Some of us have been saying this for years and ignored by politicians for reasons of their own: Taxpayers to foot £… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Dyson hand-dryer spreads more germs than paper towels, study finds | News | The Times thetimes.co.uk/article/dyson-… 2 days ago