Ludlow LibDems gain Clee Division from Tories in heart of rural Shropshire with huge swing.
Richard Huffer: Liberal Democrat 60.3%,
‘Richard missed the seat by 20 votes in the first unitary Shropshire Council elections last year, so this is a huge vote of confidence in him and a big boost for the LibDems in Shropshire’, said Parliamentary Candidate Heather Kidd, who was agent in the byelection. ‘We fought a full campaign and featured both local issues and our record in the coalition government, where we made clear the progressive impact LibDem ministers have made in recent weeks.’
- RT @FrancesOGrady: Instead of a Brexit for everyone, leaving single market could mean a deal for tax dodgers, hedge funds & vulture compani… 5 hours ago
- RT @FrancesOGrady: If we leave the single market, working people will end up paying the price. It'd be bad for jobs, for work rights & for… 5 hours ago
- RT @openculture: Leonard Bernstein’s Masterful Lectures on Music (11+ Hours of Video Recorded at Harvard in 1973) bit.ly/wlkDDo h… 1 day ago
- We must support and respect these wonderful staff. There is no place for abuse and threats. twitter.com/GreatOrmondSt/… 1 day ago
- And Gove who had claimed that Brexit would increase fish supplies for UK fisherman, now says that post-Brexit he'd… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago